I know no matter how popular or useful some home gadget become there will always be some set of people all around the world that will still be new to the device like hearing the name for the forst time and sort of of like that, one the device is Thermostat Nest.
So with no doubt, be noted that everybody always wants to or feel the need to set their Nest Thermostat to Hold Thermostat anytime they are using it and some other factors and reasons.
Definitely, maybe for some reasons, you have been looking for a way to hold your Google nest Thermostat Temperature, it might be because you want to keep your apartment at a certain temperature or you aren’t around and you want a room to retain its temperature till you are back, then look no far.
And of course this device is an electronic device created to adjust the temperature of residential buildings which also includes, business buildings., The device comes in different colors and versions ranging from the
The Nest Thermostat E, the Nest learning thermostat, and the Nest thermostat. These thermostats are a bit on the high side when it comes to the price however, the Nest thermostat is still google most affordable thermostat plus, it is easy to set up.
But now, the ability to hold the temperature of a thermostat is not available for the Nest learning thermostat and the Nest Thermostat E.
Just because of this, we will only be focusing on how to set nest thermostat to hold temperature. however, we will talk about other nest devices too.
Without further ado lets’ delve into how to set Nest Thermostat to hold temperature in your home.
Ways you Can Set Nest Thermostat to Hold Temperature
This time around, there are two ways to achieve this. It’s either you set the temperature through the Home app or you do it directly through the thermostat.
In this well written article, we are going to look into the two and also touch on them below let’s dive into it
Tips to set nest thermostat to hold temperature using the Google Home App
- Firstly, launch the Google Home app touch and hold your thermostat’s tile.
- And before you try to set a temperature you need to ensure that your thermostat is in Heat, Cool, or Heat mode before you try to start a temperature hold.
- Next tap on “Hold temperature”.
- Now, choose the Current temp you want your thermostat to hold.
- Note: in a scenario where the temperature you want isn’t showing you can simply change your thermostat’s current temperature to the one you want to hold. and when you go back to the hold temperature settings, you should be able to select the temperature you’ve just set.
- Choose the end time you want the temperature to hold.
- Note: You can decide to choose none to “hold the temperature indefinitely if you are using an eco preset. Other presents can easily hold the temperature for almost 24 hours.
- Next, tap Start to begin the temperature hold.
- Note: You won’t be able to make changes to the temperature unless you end the temperature hold. But for now, let’s talk about how to set the nest thermostat to hold temperature without the app.
The Setting nest thermostat to hold temperature without App
For Setting your nest thermostat to hold the temperature using your nest thermostat is pretty easier when compared to the other alternative which is setting it via the google home app.
Anyways, let’s delve into how you can do that.
When Turning off Auto schedule
Most definitely, your nest thermostat comes with a pre-installed feature called auto-schedule, which can be activated or deactivated, but to hold temperature, you have to deactivate it, or else it would not work.
What this mean is that you have to deactivate the auto-schedule on the thermostat. You can do that by following the steps below
So just to deactivate the auto-schedule on the nest thermostat, go to your thermostat schedule screen and press the ring. Navigate to select settings on the screen and then auto-schedule > and off.
If you prefer to do it via the nest app here are the steps you need to follow.
So, launch the nest app and, select the nest thermostat you want to of its auto-schedule. Now, go to settings> auto schedule> and off
When Clearing existing schedule
Right after deactivating auto-schedule, you might want to delete any existing schedule that is stored on the device. you might be attached to the schedule and it might be the other way round however, it is not soo important to clear it out if you are attached to it,
But if you want to simply go to settings > and then Clear/Reset > schedule on your Nest thermostat
Feel free to skip this step if you want to keep your existing schedule
Then Set The Desired Temperature
Afterwards doing all these the next line of action is to create the temperature point you want your nest thermostat to hold.
Head to your thermostat schedule screen and tab the ring to do this. now choose the schedule and set your preferred temperature set point.
Setting a specific temperature isn’t much of a hassle if you have a later version of the google nest thermostat however, the difference isn’t much across all versions.
Now, after setting a temporary to hold due to one or two reasons eventually, we might have to release it from the hold settings, and to do that I will be delving into how you can do this
Guide to End the Temperature hold using the Home App
Since you’ve figured out how to set nest thermostat to hold temperature using both the google app and doing it via the thermostats let’s delve into how you can end the temperature hold.
Note: You won’t be able to change the hold settings unless you end the hold and create a new one to end a temperature hold follow the steps below.
- First of all launch the Home app touch
- Now, hold down your thermostat’s tile.
- Ensure that your thermostat is in either Heat, Cool, or Heat mode
- Next, tap Hold temperature
- Tap End hold.
In a scenario where you want to change the hold setting, you can follow the advice above
Moving on, let’s proceed to how you can end the temperature hold via the thermostat device
When Ending the Temperature hold using the thermostat
So to end the thermostat temperature hold using the nest thermostat follow the steps below
- Locate the Menu view, and select Hold.
- Now, choose Current temp or Eco.
- over here you can scroll up and down to edit the time by half-hour blocks.
- If you’re using the Eco preset, choose None to hold the temperature indefinitely until you end the hold.
- Now, Select Confirm.
So far we’ve been enlightened on how to set nest thermostat to hold temperature let’s delve into how you can lock the temperature on your Nest thermostat, to prevent both friendly and unfriendly intruders.
Is there a way I can Lock the Temperature on My Nest Thermostat?
At times, you might have a rigid temperature you are most comfortable with and you don’t want anybody adjusting it, if that is you here’s how you can tackle that using the device itself:
Try to Lock your Nest Thermostat via the Device:
- First of all open the Quick View menu. You can get here by tapping the ring.
- Now, choose the settings Gear wheel by rotating the ring and then tap to open it.
- Next, select the Lock feature and Tap again to confirm.
- Enter a four-digit PIN.
- You will be prompted to enter the pin twice for Confirmation.
- Now, Enter the minimum and maximum temperatures in your preferred lock range.
- Once you have made all the important changes tap done.
When you are done with all these, your Your Nest thermostat will confirm you have locked it by displaying a small lock icon, alternatively here is how you can lock it via the app.
- Locking your Nest Thermostat from the App:
- First of all launch the Nest app and select the correct device.
- Then navigate to the top right corner and tap on Settings
- now, tap the Lock option in the menu and enter a four-digit pin
- Set your Minimum and Maximum Temperature range and confirm your settings by tapping the lock at the bottom of the screen
Once you are done with it, you will be able to figure out if you’re in lock mode merely by looking at the app
NOTE: The 4 digit pin isn’t required when you want to unlock the thermostat from the app. it is for those with app access to your device to prevent them from changing the temperature
Because you’ve figured out how to set nest thermostat to hold temperature let’s proceed t related questions from other nest users regarding this topic.
Holding temperature on nest learning thermostat 3rd generation
Don’t also forget thst the hold feature is only supported on the Nest thermostat, you can perform an auto-schedule on the nest learning thermostat.
Setting nest e thermostat to hold temperature
The Hold function isn’t supported in the nest e thermostat, rather it is only supported in the nest thermostat version.
Nest auto-schedule vs manual schedule
And the auto-schedule mode basically learns the temperature that you will most likely prefer at a specific time of the day, features like these are synonymous with the nest learning thermostat and nest e thermostat however, a manual schedule will simply keep your home at the same temperature throughout till you change it.
Nest thermostat manual override
So normally, you have a preset schedule that your thermostat follows at certain time intervals to determine the right adjustments it needs to make to the temperature, however, you can maintain your reset schedule and manually set it also. all it will do is override the preference of your preset schedule when you set it manually.
NOTE: this feature isn’t available for the Nest E or Nest Learning thermostat models.
Now, here’s how can manually override to hold the thermostat temperature
- Firstly, click or touch the thermostat to turn it on.
- And rotate the ring to the Settings option and click it.
- On the menu view, rotate the ring to find the Hold feature with the clock icon and click it.
- Choose the current temperature option and select the time by scrolling through the options. The Hold feature lets you pick temperatures throughout the day with a resolution of half-hour time intervals. Alternatively, you can choose none for an indefinite temperature hold until you can manually change it later.
- When done, select Confirm.
- If you want to change the settings or end your hold, return to the Hold menu
- Choose the Stop option, and you should be done.
So right before we drop the pen on this good device, we are sure that we have covered how to set Nest thermostat to hold temperature, you can easily bypass a set schedule with ease. Looking at it now, it seems as simple task to take on and you can even teach other people easily.
Leave a Reply